The Superior AccuTrak® Model VPX-WR represents THE state-of-the-art technology for ultrasonic air leak detection! This ultra-durable and waterproof instrument incorporates our patented and trademarked circuitry we call “DND” (Dynamic Noise Discrimination). Older detectors using only the heterodyne technique, simply cannot offer the same leak detection abilities, especially in loud plant environments.
- Leak Detection: Air, Vacuum, Refrigerants; ANY GAS!
- Steam Traps: Detect live steam loss in seconds!
- Valves: Detect/hear internal leakage in check, ball, needle, gate or any type of valve! Diagnose thermal expansion valves in just five minutes!
- Bearings: Hear wear and lubrication problems before damage is done!
- Electric Arc and Corona: Inspect circuit breakers, relays, and buss bars! Check for corrosion on contacts and proper insulation!
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics: Inspect controls, hoses, tools, fittings and internal cylinders with ease!
- Vibration: Detect the ultrasonic sound generated by excessive friction!
- Fan Belts
- Ultra-durable, waterproof design.
- Easy to use, Single control operation.
- 20 to 100kHz range, NO tuning!
- Output to analyzer; converted or RAW signal.
Includes everything you need!
- Touchprobe & waveguide attachments
- Comfortable over the ear headset
- Owners manual
- Instructional video
- Hard case
Sophisticated inside, Simple outside!
Leaks come in all sizes, shapes, frequencies and intensities. You don’t care what frequency a leak sound is, you just want to know where the leak is! Since the intensity of the leak sound is not directly proportional to the size of the leak, you can’t use a meter to quantify CFM or volume of air lost, but you CAN find it! – THAT is what the VPX-WR does and does well… Finds leaks fast!
Ultra-Durable Construction, Designed for Harsh Environments.
AccuTrak® VPX-WR has the only sensor in the world that combines high sensitivity and hermeticity. Its resistance to water, steam, oils, fumes, dust, etc. allows the instrument to be used in hostile environments where other detectors fail. Totally sealed controls, indicators, and plugs make the unit 100% water tight. The internal circuitry is housed in hard anodized aluminum for durability and longevity. The aluminum housing is surrounded with a padded grip for comfort and easy handling. It is the most durable instrument of its kind.
Only unit with DND Technology!
When it comes to loud environments, nothing finds air leaks faster and easier than the multi-patented AccuTrak® model VPX-WR with DND technology. DND (an acronym for Dynamic Noise Discrimination) is the first and only ultrasonic technology to analyze a broad spectrum of ultrasound, and select the proper frequency band of the leak sound AUTOMATICALLY!
Because they work like an AM radio, manually tuned heterodyne only ultrasonic detectors can miss key sounds if not tuned properly. DND eliminates the guesswork associated with manual frequency tuning! It translates sounds from 20 -100 kHz to the audible range regardless of the frequency of the original signal.
Leaks come in all shapes and sizes, and therefore different frequencies are generated. You don’t know what dominant frequency a given leak will produce, only DND solves the problem!